Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warning: Contact information being shared

Did you know that if you share a contact with someone if you send an email apple shares all information that you have under that contact with the other person? ie it shows other phone numbers, addresses, and notes. I sent an email to someone and when the other party clicked on my name they were able to see all that info. And I sent it from a windows computer. It wasn’t shown on the computer but when they did it on the phone all of it showed up. Apple please fix this

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 11:19 AM

And the person you sent that email to advised you of this? Clicking on your name showed them info on the other person? Where are these contacts stored, since you mention doing this on the computer? Why do you post this in iPhone forum, when you are speaking about something that occurred on a computer?

9 replies

Oct 21, 2019 11:23 AM in response to Threefold27

In your original post you said: "Did you know that if you share a contact with someone..."

Now you say: "I didn’t share the contact..."

If you sent an email to person a and person b, and person a has a contact record of their own for person b, including the email address that you sent it to, then of course they can see the contact information for that person when they click on it as it's already in their possession.

Oct 21, 2019 11:23 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yes he opened the email on his phone and really accidentally clicked on the other persons name and got all this information. He had the other person as a contact but only had their phone number. But when he clicked on the name he was able to see all this other information which he did not have prior. As I said this needs to be fixed. It could be dangerous in all kind of ways

Warning: Contact information being shared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.