Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software Updates show iLife Support 9.0.4

The Software Update on my both my MacBook Pro and my iMac show that I need to add the iLife Support 9.0.4 update. This update was originally released in 2010. Anyone know why this might be coming up as an update?

I'm currently running OS X 10.14.6 (Mojave).

Thanks,

Eli

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 6:07 PM

For everyone having this issue. The reason the installation fails is because the application does not have a current certificate. Change security temporarily for iLife 9.0.4 package. Install anyway. Once installed reboot to finish updating the pre-boot files.

19 replies

Jan 16, 2020 9:30 AM in response to elih

elih wrote:

The Software Update on my both my MacBook Pro and my iMac show that I need to add the iLife Support 9.0.4 update. This update was originally released in 2010. Anyone know why this might be coming up as an update?

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/24338ef2-b861-4d9d-b39e-57f7031950dc

I'm currently running OS X 10.14.6 (Mojave).

Thanks,
Eli

Yo, the same thing happening to me!

Nov 11, 2019 9:54 AM in response to afsec9

I just double checked and went through your manual one more time. I unlocked the security lock and all and I am able to open the iLife Support Installer pane. What I cannot do is click on "Install" in that pane since the button is inactive. I am attaching a screenshot, it's in German but you can see what I'm pointing at.

In any case, using "Pacifier" I was able to run the installer and get rid of the update notification.

Thanks for this thread and your help anyway, afsec9!

Nov 6, 2019 3:11 PM in response to afsec9

afsec9 wrote:

For everyone having this issue. The reason the installation fails is because the application does not have a current certificate. Change security temporarily for iLife 9.0.4 package. Install anyway. Once installed reboot to finish updating the pre-boot files.

I appreciate the advice, but how do I temporarily change security for this package?

Nov 6, 2019 3:48 PM in response to Scott Scholtens

Just before you click on the iLife download 9.0.4 go to your system preferences icon on the bottom bar or choose the black Apple icon in the left top of the desktop window -- click on one of these. Once open then click on the Security & Privacy icon, then go down to the bottom left of the pane and click on the gold lock to unlock it. You will need your system password. Next go to the iLife904 package and open it up. Then double click the iLife904.pkg file. You will get the message that you cannot install or open the file. Click on okay and the message goes away. Go back and look at your Security & Privacy pane and it should now say under the App Store and Identified Developers radio button, "iLifeSupport904.pkg" was blocked from operating because it is not from an identified developer. You will also see a button that says "Open Anyway" and you should click this button then the error pop-up message will return along with an an "Open" button. Click on the "Open" button and the "Welcome to the iLife Support Installer" pane opens and then click "Continue" and follow the prompts until fully "iLifeSupport904.pkg" is installed. After installation I recommend shutting down the computer to make sure the pre-boot files are saved correctly. Restart and you are done. No more System Preference with a Red 1 showing.

Nov 11, 2019 6:31 AM in response to ridethehatch

Here is the fix that I posted in question: Software Updates show iLife Support 9.0.4

Just before you click on the iLife download 9.0.4 go to your system preferences icon on the bottom bar or choose the black Apple icon in the left top of the desktop window -- click on one of these. Once open then click on the Security & Privacy icon, then go down to the bottom left of the pane and click on the gold lock to unlock it. You will need your system password. Next go to the iLife904 package and open it up. Then double click the iLife904.pkg file. You will get the message that you cannot install or open the file. Click on okay and the message goes away. Go back and look at your Security & Privacy pane and it should now say under the App Store and Identified Developers radio button, "iLifeSupport904.pkg" was blocked from operating because it is not from an identified developer. You will also see a button that says "Open Anyway" and you should click this button then the error pop-up message returns along with an an "Open" button. Click on the "Open" button and the "Welcome to the iLife Support Installer" pane opens and then click "Continue" and follow the prompts until fully "iLifeSupport904.pkg" is installed. After installation I recommend shutting down the computer to make sure the pre-boot files are saved correctly. Restart and you are done. No more System Preference with a Red 1 showing.

Nov 11, 2019 8:30 AM in response to afsec9

Hi afsec9, Thank you! Your fix was great and it worked up to the point where I had to click on "Install" in the installer. That didn't work though because for some reason macOS wouldn't let me click it, the button was inactive.

For those who may come across the same issue: What helped me is to use the app "Pacifier" to unpack and install the update. It did the trick for me and the update disappeared from the "update panel" in sys pref.

Software Updates show iLife Support 9.0.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.