Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text boxes won't move where I try to put them

I recently had several documents exhibit a weird and frustrating behavior. I have text boxes that no matter what I try, won't move to the location I want. If I click and drag, they pause for a few seconds, then move half way up the page. If I click the down arrow on the keyboard, the text box moves further up the page. I have text wrap set to none on all objects on the page. Please help.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 6:41 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 21, 2019 7:19 PM in response to Viper8628

When inserting objects (especially text box, images, and shapes) into a Pages document, they are set to Automatic text wrap which is the bane of placement. Each selected object must have its text wrap set to None in the Arrange tab, and then you can arbitarily position them. There is no setting in Pages to override this Automatic text wrap setting.

Text boxes won't move where I try to put them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.