Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview opens multiple (100+) images in jumpy sequence

Whenever i choose to open multiple images in one window, more than 100 at once, the images are not arranged in the sequence of file name. I need to right click on the thumbnail sidebar space to set it to arrange by Name amongst other criteria. When i look further in the jumpy sequence, I think it opens images created in Mojave first, and followed by images created in or copied from older OS.

In older osx, Preview arrange all images by file name by default. How can we set it to arrange all images by file name every time?

Also, why does Preview prompt and ask for confirmation every time we open multiple (a lot like 100+) files? Is there a way to do away with the prompt? It is slight but annoying.

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 4:53 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 22, 2019 8:06 AM in response to rw-rw

The last paragraph first.

In System Preferences : iCloud : iCloud Drive : Options… panel, uncheck Preview. That will gag the opening Preview File chooser window.

Preview is a work in progress, and there is no assurance that the current Preview will behave exactly as it did in (keyword: older) versions of the operating system. After you open your images in Preview, switch to the Contact Sheet view. Then, right-click on the blank area between an image and one of the menu items is Sort By > Name.

Preview opens multiple (100+) images in jumpy sequence

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.