Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not syncing from Mac to iPhone with Catalina

Update successfully installed yesterday, but now my iMessages are not syncing between my mac and my phone. iMessage on phone works properly, but not getting notifications nor updated messages on my mac.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 12:57 PM

Yes, The whole Catalina and iOS13 thing has been a mess for me. I wish I had stayed with High Sierra. Anyhow, I had the same problem and I found a solution on the iPhone:

1) Go to Settings->Messages

Look under "Send & Receive"

I saw only my personal phone number here and not my apple ID or other emails.

2) Go to Settings->Messages->Send & Receive

You can then select to login to your account using your Apple ID. Once the login took place all my stuff started working again. The list shows my phone number and my several apple accounts (the old .mac, then .me, and finally .icloud). Yours might be slightly different of course. It appears that the phone ultimately ends up creating the bridge between SMS and iMessage. I was under the impression this took place somewhere else, or perhaps this allows the bridge to happen somewhere else. Whatever the case, it worked for me.

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2019 12:57 PM in response to jdut

Yes, The whole Catalina and iOS13 thing has been a mess for me. I wish I had stayed with High Sierra. Anyhow, I had the same problem and I found a solution on the iPhone:

1) Go to Settings->Messages

Look under "Send & Receive"

I saw only my personal phone number here and not my apple ID or other emails.

2) Go to Settings->Messages->Send & Receive

You can then select to login to your account using your Apple ID. Once the login took place all my stuff started working again. The list shows my phone number and my several apple accounts (the old .mac, then .me, and finally .icloud). Yours might be slightly different of course. It appears that the phone ultimately ends up creating the bridge between SMS and iMessage. I was under the impression this took place somewhere else, or perhaps this allows the bridge to happen somewhere else. Whatever the case, it worked for me.

Good luck.

iMessage not syncing from Mac to iPhone with Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.