Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you use iPod Classic with Podcasts?

Since installing Catalina on my MacBook I can't transfer podcasts onto my iPod Classic as Podcasts doesn't recognise it as an external device. Music app sees the iPod but not Podcasts. Very annoying as I don't always want to listen to my podcasts from my MacBook

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 2:29 PM

It does not work in my case. I have tried many ways to get Podcasts to sync to my iPod and it simply doe not work. In the Finder sync under the Podcasts Tab, the podcasts listed are not even matching the Podcasts App for the current downloaded episodes. There appears no way to clear the Podcast Tab as I have tried every way I can think of to get the old episodes off and to have the new episodes to sync. Currently, the only way to get actual recent episodes onto the iPod is I have to use an old MacBook that is still on Mojave just to sync 3 podcasts. Very frustrating.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2019 2:29 PM in response to Bairbre Guilfoyle

It does not work in my case. I have tried many ways to get Podcasts to sync to my iPod and it simply doe not work. In the Finder sync under the Podcasts Tab, the podcasts listed are not even matching the Podcasts App for the current downloaded episodes. There appears no way to clear the Podcast Tab as I have tried every way I can think of to get the old episodes off and to have the new episodes to sync. Currently, the only way to get actual recent episodes onto the iPod is I have to use an old MacBook that is still on Mojave just to sync 3 podcasts. Very frustrating.

Can you use iPod Classic with Podcasts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.