Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iPod Classic with new Podcasts app

I still own an iPod Classic and use it to listen to podcasts, and I keep having trouble syncing with the Podcasts app on the iMac. All I can find is how to sync with iTunes which no longer exists. I've had success sometimes and not others and can't figure out what I need to do to make it work. Is this even still possible?

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 9:45 AM

4 replies

Feb 20, 2022 12:56 AM in response to turingtest2

Could you please be more specific. I wish to copying content manually as I do not want to erase all previous content so do not want to sync. I am trying to drag drop podcast into my iPod classic but that does not work. I have tried to delete earlier podcasts using manage storage but that does not work either.

Step by step guidance would be helpful.

Feb 28, 2022 4:26 AM in response to justlaura1950

While turingtest2's answer is not incorrect it is not very helpful so I hope this is more helpful.

The Finder can now be used to drag and drop podcasts into your iPod Classic but they do not appear in the finder window unlike previous versions of iTunes. In fact it seems the only option available in the Finder interface post Catalina is to sync content which erases all previously recorded content.

The drag n dropped items can be viewed after ejecting the iPod in Finder and viewing on the iPod however note that the newly added podcasts appear under music with an album under the name of the podcast series, eg Bananas.

This seems a very retrograde step to me.

Syncing iPod Classic with new Podcasts app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.