Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to sync iPod Classic with Apple Podcast app?

I have an iPod Classic, 160 gb.

I have not used it since Apple split Music and Podcasts into separate apps.

How do I sync my iPod Classic with the Podcasts App?

Thank you for your help!

iPod Classic

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 10:39 AM

Ah, perhaps I didn't make myself clear. Podcasts appears to show that I currently have 53 downloaded podcast episodes, but when I looked in the cache there were only 9 files. Those 9 files are the ones that are available to sync to my iPod. I can only sync the actually downloaded files, which makes sense, but I don't know why Podcasts seems to count more episodes as downloaded. Presumably I can delete anything I find that I think is in the wrong state, unsubscribe-resubscribe if needed, refresh the feed, and then download again. I used to collect certain podcasts on a regular basis but these days I listen more irregularly on my iPhone. I've only got a few series selected for testing here in Catalina but I think it is clear that you need content downloaded to that hidden cache folder before you can sync it to the classic.

tt2

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2021 10:39 AM in response to quantoid

Ah, perhaps I didn't make myself clear. Podcasts appears to show that I currently have 53 downloaded podcast episodes, but when I looked in the cache there were only 9 files. Those 9 files are the ones that are available to sync to my iPod. I can only sync the actually downloaded files, which makes sense, but I don't know why Podcasts seems to count more episodes as downloaded. Presumably I can delete anything I find that I think is in the wrong state, unsubscribe-resubscribe if needed, refresh the feed, and then download again. I used to collect certain podcasts on a regular basis but these days I listen more irregularly on my iPhone. I've only got a few series selected for testing here in Catalina but I think it is clear that you need content downloaded to that hidden cache folder before you can sync it to the classic.

tt2

Apr 21, 2021 6:51 AM in response to quantoid

You're not wrong, I see a disparity between downloaded episodes and what is available to sync. 😕

That said I downloaded a new episode to my library and it shows in my possible sync selections. Digging a little deeper I think there is a problem with what Podcasts shows as Downloaded. If I look in the cache folder ~/Library/Group Containers/243LU875E5.groups.com.apple.podcasts I have 9 files on this machine, which corresponds to the 9 files I can count if I say sync all episodes of selected podcasts and then count what is available in each series.

tt2

how to sync iPod Classic with Apple Podcast app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.