Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod synch

I bought anew iPod and I can’t synch my pod with my laptop like I used too.. a friend told me I have to download podcast app but he didn’t say which one.. I am able to sync won’t Music but not podcasts

iPod, iOS 14

Posted on May 14, 2021 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 1:04 PM

Syncing Podcasts is a separate option in iTunes, that you need to initially set up, in addition to the music option.

With the iPod connected to iTunes, click on the iPod icon:

and then use the Settings/Podcasts option and make your selections:

Notice that my screenshot shows that my iPod is being synced while I was making changes to the Podcasts sync option. This means that after making my initial selections, I needed to sync a second time for that change to be put into effect and for the Podcasts to be added to my iPod.

Once you have set up the sync option for podcasts, iTunes will remember this and each connection of the iPod with iTunes will sync both your music and your Podcasts in one operation.

By the way, as far as I am aware, if you download Podcasts through iTunes on your computer, you will only be able to play them on the iPod by using Apple's Podcast app. If you download an alternative Podcast app (from the app store), you will need to use that app to download Podcasts and then play them using that app. You will not be able to use Apple's app. I speak from experience.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2021 1:04 PM in response to 00-0-

Syncing Podcasts is a separate option in iTunes, that you need to initially set up, in addition to the music option.

With the iPod connected to iTunes, click on the iPod icon:

and then use the Settings/Podcasts option and make your selections:

Notice that my screenshot shows that my iPod is being synced while I was making changes to the Podcasts sync option. This means that after making my initial selections, I needed to sync a second time for that change to be put into effect and for the Podcasts to be added to my iPod.

Once you have set up the sync option for podcasts, iTunes will remember this and each connection of the iPod with iTunes will sync both your music and your Podcasts in one operation.

By the way, as far as I am aware, if you download Podcasts through iTunes on your computer, you will only be able to play them on the iPod by using Apple's Podcast app. If you download an alternative Podcast app (from the app store), you will need to use that app to download Podcasts and then play them using that app. You will not be able to use Apple's app. I speak from experience.

iPod synch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.