Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iMac and iPod classic

Is there any way to sync my iPod classic with my iMac?

When I plug it into the iMac with a USB cable, it shows in the finder window, but if I choose it, I don't get the sync options. I just see four folders, all empty. It doesn't show the music currently on the iPod.

All the answers I have found reference using iTunes, but iTunes was replaced with Music in Big Sur (or earlier).

iPod Classic

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 4:16 AM

See Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support. Your iPod classic should show up in the same way that the iPhone does in that article. You don't see the media content already on the device in the same way that you used to with a manually managed iPod in iTunes. If there is media on the iPod that isn't in your library see Recover media from an iPod - Apple Community.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2021 4:16 AM in response to BBD in EP

See Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support. Your iPod classic should show up in the same way that the iPhone does in that article. You don't see the media content already on the device in the same way that you used to with a manually managed iPod in iTunes. If there is media on the iPod that isn't in your library see Recover media from an iPod - Apple Community.

tt2

Sync iMac and iPod classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.