You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar (iOS 13) error "Unable to connect to the internet"

I am using iOS Calendar as my primary calendar app and I am unable to sync my calendars as Calendar keeps saying "Unable to connect to the internet".

Some relevant information:

• I am on an iPhone 7 Plus.
  • iOS is updated to the latest version: 13.1.3
  • I am trying to sync/connect to my personal OwnCloud Calendars which did work before, and suddenly stopped working. The url, username, password, port is all correct
  • I have tried closing the app, waiting a minute and restarting: no change. Still getting error.
  • I have restarted my phone many times. No change. Still getting error.
  • I have an android device, and the OwnCloud calendars sync just fine on there with the same exact settings. Yet fail to work on iOS.

Thank you,

C

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 9:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 6:36 AM

Probably your calendar.app doesn’t have permission to access the Internet. It’s weird, but extremely likely under iOS13/iPadOS.

the solution: Settings.app -> Cellular (even more weird such permissions in here, but...) . There, scroll down to see how much data each app are using, probably your calendar app shows beneath it “off” (don’t worry, most certainly it wasn’t you who set it, but the iOS...) click on the app Tab and choose “allow calendar.app to use data ” WLAN & Cellular Data”.

After this calendars should update.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 3, 2019 6:36 AM in response to ccastigl

Probably your calendar.app doesn’t have permission to access the Internet. It’s weird, but extremely likely under iOS13/iPadOS.

the solution: Settings.app -> Cellular (even more weird such permissions in here, but...) . There, scroll down to see how much data each app are using, probably your calendar app shows beneath it “off” (don’t worry, most certainly it wasn’t you who set it, but the iOS...) click on the app Tab and choose “allow calendar.app to use data ” WLAN & Cellular Data”.

After this calendars should update.

Calendar (iOS 13) error "Unable to connect to the internet"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.