Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod playlists not showing up when connected to MUSIC

I recently had to update to MUSIC to replace iTunes and now when I plug in my iPod it only shows up as a device. I’m unable to see my playlists on it or create new ones. The playlists are there and I can see them on my iPod when it’s disconnected from my Mac.

Very frustrating and I’m hoping I don’t have to buy into Apple Music to fix something that should be free.

iMac 21.5", 10.12

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 11:24 AM

Apple Music content won't work with iPod classic so there isn't an angle there. Unfortunately Music & Finder do not replicate all of the functionality of iTunes. If you want to make playlists for your iPod classic I think they will now need to be made in Music and then synced to the device.

tt2

3 replies

Oct 23, 2019 2:23 PM in response to turingtest2

You’re right I just figured it out this morning. If I create the playlist in MUSIC and drop it in the iPod it’ll accept it. It just doesn’t show it it in MUSIC.

It doesn’t work with just dropping songs (they are on the iPod but in a way that it won’t play them and you can’t see them either) it has to be a playlist created in MUSIC.

I appreciate your reply!

Peace

iPod playlists not showing up when connected to MUSIC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.