Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TrackPad 1 acting erratic after Catalina upgrade

I use a Trackpad 1 with my Mac mini. After update to Catalina, the Trackpad acts very erratic. Does the TrackPad 2 work better?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 11:12 AM

Okay, I have the same issue, I read the article, and to no one's surprise, it was unhelpful.

I have cleaned my trackpad, I dont wear jewelry, it is not intereference, unless Catalina somehow degraded the drivers, as I didnt have this problem on the last 2 OS's, the power adapter I am using with my Mac is the one it came with, and I can't actually use safe mode, as I have real actual work to do that requires all the software I have running.

Note, the only thing different is Catalina.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2019 11:12 AM in response to CarlAVII

Okay, I have the same issue, I read the article, and to no one's surprise, it was unhelpful.

I have cleaned my trackpad, I dont wear jewelry, it is not intereference, unless Catalina somehow degraded the drivers, as I didnt have this problem on the last 2 OS's, the power adapter I am using with my Mac is the one it came with, and I can't actually use safe mode, as I have real actual work to do that requires all the software I have running.

Note, the only thing different is Catalina.

TrackPad 1 acting erratic after Catalina upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.