Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email Not Sending or Receiving

My email stopped working October 18. Error message says it can't connect to the server (@@@.socal.rr.com). I confirmed all settings are entered correctly and verified settings with email provider. I can log in using webmail. My iMac is running macOS Sierra 10.12.6, which i believe just updated??? Does this update require an email setting change? Having the same issue with my phone when I updated to iOS 13.1.3

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 3:43 PM

Please begin troubleshooting using:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204075

Please use Google for additional troubleshooting articles and if you still have no luck, please call AppleCare.

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 22, 2019 4:22 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Thanks for the reply, I followed the recommendations on that page prior to making the original post to this page. My iMac is close to 10 years old and believe AppleCare will charge for the support. Trying to use that as last resort; however, a bit frustrating because I believe this was caused by the latest update. A bit suspicious that both my iPhone and iMac are having the same issue after an update.

Email Not Sending or Receiving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.