Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new 11 Pro is stuck in Medical ID mode...How do I get it back to home?

My 11 Pro is talking and I can’t get it back into home mode...it’s stuck on medical ID and called emergency twice...yousa

Can anyone help?

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 7:52 AM

Hi there, FairturnAcres!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like your device is stuck on the Medical ID and Emergency SOS screen. If you're unable to press the cancel option on the screen and do not see the option to slide to power off, I would recommend checking out this article to Force restart iPhone.

Once you have restarted, if the iPhone is still speaking, you'll need to follow these steps to Hear iPhone speak the screen, selected text, and typing feedback and turn off Spoken Content. You'll also want to be sure VoiceOver is turned off.

Let me know the results and take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2019 7:52 AM in response to FairturnAcres

Hi there, FairturnAcres!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like your device is stuck on the Medical ID and Emergency SOS screen. If you're unable to press the cancel option on the screen and do not see the option to slide to power off, I would recommend checking out this article to Force restart iPhone.

Once you have restarted, if the iPhone is still speaking, you'll need to follow these steps to Hear iPhone speak the screen, selected text, and typing feedback and turn off Spoken Content. You'll also want to be sure VoiceOver is turned off.

Let me know the results and take care!

My new 11 Pro is stuck in Medical ID mode...How do I get it back to home?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.