Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have this tab/bar that keeps popping up on my msaying this “NEIKEv2Provider wants to sign using key “privateKry” in your keychain. To allow this, enter the “login” keychain password.” And it won’t go away even if I press deny. How do I delete it’ll

I have this tab/bar that keeps popping up on my msaying this “NEIKEv2Provider wants to sign using key “privateKey” in your keychain. To allow this, enter the “login” keychain password.” And it won’t go away even if I press deny. How do I delete it’ll

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 11:01 AM

Do you own the Mac, or does the school?

I am uncomfortable helping you block something that is on a school owned device.

What VPN app - specifically?

With the name, I might be able to help find the way to uninstall it if this article does not help

How to delete apps on your Mac - Apple Support

You could own up to your school's IT manager 😉

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2019 11:01 AM in response to HelpMeOut_

Do you own the Mac, or does the school?

I am uncomfortable helping you block something that is on a school owned device.

What VPN app - specifically?

With the name, I might be able to help find the way to uninstall it if this article does not help

How to delete apps on your Mac - Apple Support

You could own up to your school's IT manager 😉

Oct 23, 2019 7:29 AM in response to HelpMeOut_

Did you just install a Virtual Private Network (VPN) software?

This does not seem to be "malicious" - unless you did not install a VPN

---

from > How to Install VPN Unlimited on macOS 10.11 - 10.13 (App Store)

NEIKEv2Provider is a service responsible for establishing secure VPN connections. It requests access to the KeyChain in order to receive authorization data required for the VPN connection to be established.

It appears that the ALERT should appear during the First launch of the app

Next, you need to allow access to your KeyChain for neagent or NEIKEv2Provider (the name of the service depends on your macOS version). Enter your macOS account password and select Always Allow, so that this notification will never appear again (unless you change the password or reinstall the app).

I have this tab/bar that keeps popping up on my msaying this “NEIKEv2Provider wants to sign using key “privateKry” in your keychain. To allow this, enter the “login” keychain password.” And it won’t go away even if I press deny. How do I delete it’ll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.