Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop my child from using "One More Minute" over and over again?

How is "One More Minute" supposed to work? I use Family Sharing and Screen Time on my children's iPhones. I use app limits and have them set to "block at end of limit". That was working but recently I saw that one child was using more time than was allowed under app limit and wasn't having to use the feature to ask me for more time.

When I went on her phone to test it out, I saw there was a new "One More Minute" option. Can they just keep selecting this to use the app? It seems like it based on the time usage I saw for that app!

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 1:34 PM

Hello elizah64,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you would like to know if a child can select "One More Minute" repeatedly. Child accounts should only be able to select "One More Minute" once as the article below explains:

Use Screen Time on your Mac - Apple Support

"Child accounts can click One More Minute once, or click Ask For More Time to send their request to the parent account for approval."

While the article has information about using Screen Time with a Mac, the same settings apply for iPhone. If your child is able to select "One More Minute" repeatedly, you may need to contact Apple Support for additional assistance.

Contact Apple Support

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2019 1:34 PM in response to elizah64

Hello elizah64,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you would like to know if a child can select "One More Minute" repeatedly. Child accounts should only be able to select "One More Minute" once as the article below explains:

Use Screen Time on your Mac - Apple Support

"Child accounts can click One More Minute once, or click Ask For More Time to send their request to the parent account for approval."

While the article has information about using Screen Time with a Mac, the same settings apply for iPhone. If your child is able to select "One More Minute" repeatedly, you may need to contact Apple Support for additional assistance.

Contact Apple Support

Best Regards.

How do I stop my child from using "One More Minute" over and over again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.