Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I download movies on an iPad to play later when I have no internet connection?

In the process of buying an iPad pro and trying to decide on the 256K or 512K capacity. I would like to play movies where I don't have an internet connection but I don't know how or if that is possible. Any help appreciated.

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 9:57 AM

Definitely do-able!

Depending on where you get the movies from might dictate what you can and cannot do.

If you purchase a movie from Apple, you can download and watch it offline with no problem.

Other content providers, for example Netflix, allow you to download (some) content and watch it offline as well.

Keep in mind, a 256GB iPad will hold a lot of content so you may not necessarily need the 512GB model

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2019 9:57 AM in response to koz60

Definitely do-able!

Depending on where you get the movies from might dictate what you can and cannot do.

If you purchase a movie from Apple, you can download and watch it offline with no problem.

Other content providers, for example Netflix, allow you to download (some) content and watch it offline as well.

Keep in mind, a 256GB iPad will hold a lot of content so you may not necessarily need the 512GB model

Can I download movies on an iPad to play later when I have no internet connection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.