Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading and Playback 4K movies

I have Apple 4k 64 gig box and want to buy/download/playback 4K movies without using my internet connection, can you please advise how I can do this. If I purchase a 4K movie I want to be able to playback in 4K and not be reliant on an internet connection.

Thnaks

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 6:57 AM

For iTunes Store movies and TV shows, 4K is available for streaming only, not for download.

To locally stream downloaded content to your Apple TV, you can use Home Sharing or AirPlay.

There used to be a setting that AirPlay would use the cloud version instead anyway, but that option appears to be gone in tvOS 14 …

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2020 6:57 AM in response to p.laver

For iTunes Store movies and TV shows, 4K is available for streaming only, not for download.

To locally stream downloaded content to your Apple TV, you can use Home Sharing or AirPlay.

There used to be a setting that AirPlay would use the cloud version instead anyway, but that option appears to be gone in tvOS 14 …

Downloading and Playback 4K movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.