Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I moved my photos library to a new external hard drive and a now can not open photos with new or old library!!!

Following the procedure from the Apple website, I copied my photos library to my new external hard drive and tried to launch photos with the option key held down. I responded to the question to pick my library and it did not work. Further more, now I can not launch photos with my existing local library file! I'm dead in the water. I'm running the newest version of macOS Catalina on my iMac.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 4:47 PM

After waiting a day+, I tried rebooting for the second time and the problems seems to have disappeared ? I wonder if the OS was processing the multiple TBs of data for a prolonged period of time initially with no obvious indications?

Similar questions

4 replies

I moved my photos library to a new external hard drive and a now can not open photos with new or old library!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.