Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 set up

I’m setting up my new iPhone 11; it’s let me set up Face ID, do hey Siri etc and then it wanted to do a software update. Whilst the update was going through my old iPhone came up with a message that the old to new phone setup had failed, the software update on the new phone seemed to go through but it’s been stuck in the below screen for 2 hours now! Help!

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 6:43 PM

Hey there Madchick16,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues with setting up and updating your iPhone. I’ll be happy to help.

Based on the fact that the setup failed, I would use the steps in the following link to force update the iPhone, then start the setup process over again, once the update was complete. Take a look at this link for info on how you can do this:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Once that’s complete, you can use the steps in this link to transfer your data over:

Use Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2019 6:43 PM in response to Madchick16

Hey there Madchick16,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues with setting up and updating your iPhone. I’ll be happy to help.

Based on the fact that the setup failed, I would use the steps in the following link to force update the iPhone, then start the setup process over again, once the update was complete. Take a look at this link for info on how you can do this:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Once that’s complete, you can use the steps in this link to transfer your data over:

Use Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers.

iPhone 11 set up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.