Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cursor on trackpad frozen in upper left corner

I have had this problem for a while now. Almost everytime I open my macbook pro, the mouse cursor is frozen.

I don’t know what to do.

please help

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 8:58 AM

Hi @chris_g1

thanks for the reply.

I went to an Apple Store and they had to change the flex cable. They also changed display for free due to coating issue.

I just got my macbook back this morning. So happy! Looks like I have a brand new one.

Have a good one!

CG

3 replies

Oct 30, 2019 8:00 AM in response to corentin116

Hi corentin116,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand the cursor on your MacBook Pro is unresponsive. I can help point you in the right direction.

If you haven't tried yet, I recommend resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac. This can help resolve the issue you're experiencing. Here's a helpful article with detailed information, along with the proper steps on how to reset the SMC on your Mac: How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

In addition, I suggest having the latest macOS update on your MacBook Pro. This helps provide software improvements and enhanced security updates. If needed, here's how to update the software on your Mac: How to update the software on your Mac

Kind regards.

Cursor on trackpad frozen in upper left corner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.