Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

broken screen on 3-weeks old MacBook Pro

I bought mac book pro 15inch with 500 storge from Saudi arabia what i wanna know the apple care card i buy it or it come part of the product

also the screen of the laptop is broken

and the laptop did not fall and there is no any hint of falling. Also the breaking is come inside not outside of the screen

i gave to the store which I bought from but they tell me i have to pay about three thousand riyals. and that is not covered with guarantee. I bought the laptop three weeks ago i am not sure but it was short time . I cant pay anymore i bought it although so expensive because my studying

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 9:16 AM

I will try to help you, khawlah65.

with all Apple products you have a 1 year warranty, with about 90 days support in person, and about a year over the phone support. Apple Care +, which you would have had to buy within, say, a year of buying your Mac book pro 15 inch, would have

extended that warranty to 3 years, with 1 year in-person support, plus additional over-the-phone support.

Accidents with your Mac book pro are not covered, but defects in manufacturing are. I do not know if you have Apple Care +

or when your mac book pro was bought, so can't help you a lot. Apple should have mailed you a receipt for your mac book pro

and from that, you can find out when you bought it.

If your mac book pro is within the warranty period, and it looks like it is, then you have to make an appointment to get it evaluated by your local genius bar (or other apple authorized place) and see what they have to say. Save all your receipts and paper work.

Apple should have a branch in Saudi Arabia, and they are most helpful. They should have a toll-free number, (or email address) so it shouldn't hurt to give them a call, explain your situation to them (be nice, be polite) and see what they have to say.

anyways, hope things go well for you, let us know how it went

thanks

john b

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2019 9:16 AM in response to khawlah65

I will try to help you, khawlah65.

with all Apple products you have a 1 year warranty, with about 90 days support in person, and about a year over the phone support. Apple Care +, which you would have had to buy within, say, a year of buying your Mac book pro 15 inch, would have

extended that warranty to 3 years, with 1 year in-person support, plus additional over-the-phone support.

Accidents with your Mac book pro are not covered, but defects in manufacturing are. I do not know if you have Apple Care +

or when your mac book pro was bought, so can't help you a lot. Apple should have mailed you a receipt for your mac book pro

and from that, you can find out when you bought it.

If your mac book pro is within the warranty period, and it looks like it is, then you have to make an appointment to get it evaluated by your local genius bar (or other apple authorized place) and see what they have to say. Save all your receipts and paper work.

Apple should have a branch in Saudi Arabia, and they are most helpful. They should have a toll-free number, (or email address) so it shouldn't hurt to give them a call, explain your situation to them (be nice, be polite) and see what they have to say.

anyways, hope things go well for you, let us know how it went

thanks

john b

broken screen on 3-weeks old MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.