Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are the Podcast files on MacOS located?

Where does the new Podcast APP on MacOS (NOT iOS) store the downloaded podcast files? I have moved my Music libraries to a larger external drive and Podcast keeps asking me for locations of the unwatched but downloaded files in my list. I always have to manually locate them, even after watching them partway (the "locate" button doesn't find them). I would love to just move my files to the right folder where Podcast can find them rather than re-downloading all the ones I haven't watched/listened to yet. I even let a new one download and did a file search on the episode name and nothing came up. The old iTunes podcast saved the episodes with the file names intact, I guess the Podcast app doesn't. Will I have to download all those unwatched files again?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 9:15 AM

>>> SOLVED - From https://kirkville.com/locations-of-media-files-in-macos-catalina/

"Podcasts are stored in a cache folder in ~/Library/Group Containers/243LU875E5.groups.com.apple.podcasts . This is not designed to be user accessible, and the podcast files do not display the original file names. You can, however, drag podcast files from the Podcasts app to the Desktop or to a folder."

I ended up re-downloading all unplayed episodes AFTER un-subscribing and re-subscribing to the podcast. The files are not movable currently for Podcast as they are for Music, which can be pointed through Settings>Advanced to another folder. No option currently exist for that in Podcast.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2019 9:15 AM in response to The_ErsatZ_Planet

>>> SOLVED - From https://kirkville.com/locations-of-media-files-in-macos-catalina/

"Podcasts are stored in a cache folder in ~/Library/Group Containers/243LU875E5.groups.com.apple.podcasts . This is not designed to be user accessible, and the podcast files do not display the original file names. You can, however, drag podcast files from the Podcasts app to the Desktop or to a folder."

I ended up re-downloading all unplayed episodes AFTER un-subscribing and re-subscribing to the podcast. The files are not movable currently for Podcast as they are for Music, which can be pointed through Settings>Advanced to another folder. No option currently exist for that in Podcast.

Where are the Podcast files on MacOS located?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.