Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"iPhone infected with 27 viruses" in safari

Hi all, I bought an iphone back in February and today while on a somewhat questionable website I got a pop up saying my phone was infected with 27 viruses and my phone had been hacked and if I didn't follow the instructions immediately then all of my data would be gone in 2 minutes. I figured it was a scam, so I closed the extra tab it had opened, and I closed the message and closed that tab as well. I see on here that it appears to be a scam, just as I had thought, but the message I got knew which website I was on and it was worded similarly, but a little differently (using synonyms) from other people who I have seen posting. I cleared safari's data and restarted my phone a few minutes later.

Just to make sure, am I okay? The message is nothing but a scam, correct? No more action needs to be taken?

I will admit here that I am paranoid, so thank you in advance for responses.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 1:09 PM

Correct, total scam. You can expect such bogus advertising tactics from “questionable” sites.

Similar questions

2 replies

"iPhone infected with 27 viruses" in safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.