Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone sent me an email today with a similar email address to my icloud one

Hi there

an ex work colleague sent me an email earlier asking if I had been hacked. He had been sent an email from a similar email address to mine but instead of @icloud.com at the end it said @telebrasil.net.br The first part of the email address is identical to mine (and is my nickname so not an obvious name)

Surely it is not a coincidence that someone with the same name as me, is using the same first part of their email address the same as me?

Have I been hacked? What do I need to do?

Thank you in advance

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 2:20 AM

You have not been hacked. Either it actually is a coincidence, or someone saw your address - perhaps from someone esle's contacts list - and used the first part of it to create an address at this other domain. It doesn't affect you at all: they wouldn't need access to your account to do this.

3 replies

Oct 30, 2019 8:31 PM in response to H_a_cked2510

Greetings H_a_cked2510,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're concerned your Apple ID may have been compromised.

The following support article provides helpful suggestions for identifying if your Apple ID has been compromised, and steps to take to gain control of your account: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Kind regards.

Someone sent me an email today with a similar email address to my icloud one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.