Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

someone using one of my iCloud email addresses

I received an email to one of my iCloud email addresses from an internet provider that I do not have an account with. The email was addressed to someone I don't know, full name, address, account number, security code. It was an email for new internet service. This has happened before twice, with same iCloud email, but different companies. I called the internet provider and all they did was make notes and confirmed that the email was in fact sent from them.

My question is how does this happen? Does it mean my account has been hacked? What to do? I have a support request in to Apple.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 12:36 PM

You might want to consider changing your password and making sure it is a strong one. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.      

Security and your Apple ID.      

Apple ID Password Change.     

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.     

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2020 12:36 PM in response to Blueser3271

You might want to consider changing your password and making sure it is a strong one. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.      

Security and your Apple ID.      

Apple ID Password Change.     

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.     

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

Jul 30, 2020 1:08 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks. I have done everything on your list already.

Apple reports no breach of my account but simply directed me to change my password anyway, etc. and helpfully suggested I continue working with the entity (Spectrum) that sent the email, which I did. My email address was removed from the customer's account. Same thing last year with Venmo. FYI, the email in question is not my Apple ID rather it's one of my iCloud email aliases. Could be a mistype on the email address, I am always told, which is possible as the email in question is kind of a generic word and not my regular Apple ID email/name.

someone using one of my iCloud email addresses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.