Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Health and Activity App - iOS 13.1.3

Ever since upgrading to iOS 13 I’m no longer able to have the Health app download health data unless I’m on WiFi. Similarly the Activity app doesn’t download any health data unless on WiFi. WRT the Activity app, when on WiFi it starts to download health data but never ever completed.

Would appreciate some help with how best to troubleshoot the issue. I’ve already checked that Health data sync to iCloud is enabled and have tried resetting Network settings in hopes to correct the problem but it has not helped.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 7:07 PM

Hi Jameson

Thanks for the reply. While I was looking for solutions I noticed Apple just released IOS 13.2 so I upgraded to that and surprisingly everything that was previously failing appears to be working fine now!

I’ve not had to change any settings so it appears that it may have been related to bugs fixed in this iOS release.

Alongside the Activity & Health app issues I mentioned, the new iOS version also fixes other iCloud sync issues I was seeing such as News app not syncing between my iPhone and IPad (used to work fine on iPad but not on iPhone).

Thus this issue can now be marked as resolved by iOS 13.2!

Thanks

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2019 7:07 PM in response to Teddy_B

Hi Jameson

Thanks for the reply. While I was looking for solutions I noticed Apple just released IOS 13.2 so I upgraded to that and surprisingly everything that was previously failing appears to be working fine now!

I’ve not had to change any settings so it appears that it may have been related to bugs fixed in this iOS release.

Alongside the Activity & Health app issues I mentioned, the new iOS version also fixes other iCloud sync issues I was seeing such as News app not syncing between my iPhone and IPad (used to work fine on iPad but not on iPhone).

Thus this issue can now be marked as resolved by iOS 13.2!

Thanks

Oct 31, 2019 7:19 AM in response to vipsoni

Hi vipsoni,

Thanks for posting. It sounds like you're finding your Health data is only updating while you're on Wi-Fi, and I'm glad to help.

You might want to start by checking your cellular data settings. Tap Settings > Cellular, and then scroll down and make sure that Health is toggled on. Then, see if that has cleared things up: Check the cellular data usage on your iPhone and iPad

Take care.

Problems with Health and Activity App - iOS 13.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.