Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xcode update won't install

I have been trying since early this morning to get this update to install and it just keeps failing. I have restarted my Mac and I have verified a good internet connection. 100mb download speed.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 7:53 AM

Hi Steve67_,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. It appears that you are unable to download an Xcode update.

Are you able to download other apps from the Mac App Store?

You can also try downloading in a new Admin user account using your Apple ID in that account's Mac App Store. Here's how: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac.

If you aren't able to download other apps, or you can't update Xcode from a new user, please contact Apple Support.

Have a fantastic day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2019 7:53 AM in response to Community User

Hi Steve67_,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. It appears that you are unable to download an Xcode update.

Are you able to download other apps from the Mac App Store?

You can also try downloading in a new Admin user account using your Apple ID in that account's Mac App Store. Here's how: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac.

If you aren't able to download other apps, or you can't update Xcode from a new user, please contact Apple Support.

Have a fantastic day!

Nov 1, 2019 10:41 AM in response to MichaelB2019

This only effects Xcode. Everything else is fine. I uninstalled Xcode, rebooted, then reinstalled. Now I have a notification that the app has an update but it fails to install.

Xcode update won't install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.