Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

messages app not working right

My friend has an ipad and an andriod phone. I used to be able to text her on her phone and imessage her on the ipad. This would show up as 2 threads in my message app.

Since a recent update these two have now combined into one thread. Very annoying but doable. It will default to which ever one she used last. If i need to change it I can tap on her picture at the top and with 4 clicks I can switch back and forth.

Since today I noticed that if it defaults to imessage I can't change it back to text. Even if I choose her phone number it is still blue and says imessage and she doesn't get it on her phone. The only easy way I found to fix this is to delete the thread and start a new one. I don't want to keep doing this.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 4:46 PM

I realized after playing around some more that if I start a new message and choose the phone number without deleting the thread it will work and add to it. Still way more annoying than the old way.

Similar questions

1 reply

messages app not working right

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.