Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer from macbook pro to ipod

Recently upgraded my macbookpro to catalina now without itunes can not work out how to transfer audiobooks from books app to my ipod (nano 6th gen) which was easy with itunes.

My audio books are all in books app and my songs are in Music app OK.

I've connected my ipod to my mac and tried using finder, as suggested online, but this didn't work (I can see the ipod as a location but mac seems to only see it as another storage drive).

In books app can't find any way to see/access/transfer to the ipod.

Tried dragging and dropping a book from books to ipod icon on desktop it seems to copy the data to the ipod like it was simply another storage device (the audiobook was not accessable from the ipod itself).

I've gone into Music app and it can see the ipod as a location but it won't let me access it (if I click on it I just get the whirling working symbol which runs for at least 15 minutes). Also in music things like sync options are greyed out. So appears I now can't add music to my ipod either.

Vry frustrating, everything worked fine previously with mojave and itunes. Help.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 2:27 PM

See the instructions in Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Similar questions

7 replies

Oct 26, 2019 9:59 PM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks for the help however I've tried this and I can't get it to work.

Once connected my ipod does appear in finder as a location but twice, once as an external disk and once as an ipod (each with a diffferent icon.

When I click on the ipod version, finder seems to try and go to the syncing screen indicated but only gets as far as saying "loading" with the twirling waiting icon and sits there (I left it for 15 minutes).

When I click on the external disk location for my ipod in finder I get a normal finder window for a disk not the window for syncing. Any other suggestions? is ther some settig I need to change or set to getit working properly.

Cheers.

Transfer from macbook pro to ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.