Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wacom Cintiq 21UX DTZ-2100 and OS Catalina

• I've an old Cintiq and tried out Catalina with no success with the Wacom drivers.
  • After doing some research, I have found it odd that my Cintiq works perfectly with OS Mojave. The latest driver says it hasn't supported Mac OS since 10.11.
  • Sounds like most people with this Cintiq have had problems starting with a couple of OS's ago. I don't think I've done anything special to have mine working.

1) has anyone had success with a Cintiq 21UX DTZ-2100 and Catalina?

2) or does anyone have an idea for how I can keep this working?

Thank you!

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 1:04 PM

Sorry dude but Wacom announced it has NO plans to update previous generation Wacom product drivers, including the 1st gen Cintiq 21UX (DTZ-2100) because MacOS catalina has moved to DriverKit

The only hope is a 3rd party develops a driver for old wacom tablets, but for now, you're out of luck

8 replies

Dec 3, 2019 5:55 PM in response to .kv

So I came across this exchange when I was having trouble with my iMac 2019 running Catalina. I tried all the things that are mentioned in other forums, using dvi to usb-c or using dvi to hdmi to usb-c. I managed to get mine running using a vga connection. On my setup right now I have the switch on the back on the Cintiq to VGA. I have the DVI from the cintiq into a dvi to vga adapter, then connected to an Inland UTC-V01 USB-C to VGA adapter. I used the last driver that wacom issued for the 21UX from 2015 and it works fine. Only issue is that you have to go wacom tablet utility and remove preferences each time you start it that way you can calibrate it everytime you turn on the mac., otherwise the tablet behaves weird. Hope this helps!

Wacom Cintiq 21UX DTZ-2100 and OS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.