Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iTunes WiFi sync settings doesn't appear along VPNs and profiles under General settings and disappears when unplugged from computer even though it's enabled in iTunes

I've been trying to enable iTunes WiFi sync and tried several methods to get it working - I've gone through iTunes checking, unchecking, applying the setting, restarted both the computer and the iPhone, but the device still doesn't stay in iTunes when unplugged from the computer, and the actual tab for iTunes WiFi Sync doesn't exist in SETTINGS>GENERAL alongside VPN and Profiles & Device Management.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 6:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 8:52 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, MusicalCoder.

If I understand your post correctly, you are trying to enable Wi-Fi sync with iTunes. I’d like to help.

Follow these steps:

Sync your content using Wi-Fi

After you set up syncing with iTunes using USB, you can set up iTunes to sync to your device with Wi-Fi instead of USB.
Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable, then open iTunes and select your device. 
Click Summary on the left side of the iTunes window. 
Select "Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi." 
Click Apply.
When the computer and the device are on the same Wi-Fi network, the device appears in iTunes. The device syncs automatically whenever it's plugged in to power and iTunes is open on the computer.

See the full article here:

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2019 8:52 AM in response to MusicalCoder

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, MusicalCoder.

If I understand your post correctly, you are trying to enable Wi-Fi sync with iTunes. I’d like to help.

Follow these steps:

Sync your content using Wi-Fi

After you set up syncing with iTunes using USB, you can set up iTunes to sync to your device with Wi-Fi instead of USB.
Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable, then open iTunes and select your device. 
Click Summary on the left side of the iTunes window. 
Select "Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi." 
Click Apply.
When the computer and the device are on the same Wi-Fi network, the device appears in iTunes. The device syncs automatically whenever it's plugged in to power and iTunes is open on the computer.

See the full article here:

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

The iTunes WiFi sync settings doesn't appear along VPNs and profiles under General settings and disappears when unplugged from computer even though it's enabled in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.