Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail and Charter/Spectrum

Why does my Charter address and password allow me to access my email at Spectrum.net but the same account and password does not work on Apple Mail. I have used the Apple Mail install information provided at Spectrum.net.

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 10:17 AM

I suspect you did not setup your Spectrum mail account correctly in the Mail app. Please refer to Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support and if you have verified the mail account is set up correctly then please troubleshoot using If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2019 10:17 AM in response to ROBERT MORAN2

I suspect you did not setup your Spectrum mail account correctly in the Mail app. Please refer to Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support and if you have verified the mail account is set up correctly then please troubleshoot using If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support

Oct 27, 2019 1:03 PM in response to ROBERT MORAN2

Thank you for the suggestions. I've tried all fixes described in both links but still cannot get charter mail via Apple mail. I can get charter mail via webmail at Spectrum's website and get "some" charter mail via iCloud as well. I know there's a history between Charter/Spectrum and Apple Mail that may or may not explain my problem. I should add that my iPhoneX and iPadPro get error messages about mobile.charter.net not responding though the same ID and password are used the work with webmail and I get the Charter mail feed apparently via iCloud on both mobile devices. Oh well, thanks again.

Nov 22, 2019 2:40 PM in response to ROBERT MORAN2

I finally found a solution that worked for me. Search and delete Keychain entries for mail.charter.net, mobile.charter.net, and smtp.charter.net. Then re-add your Charter email as a new account from Mail preferences. Many months ago I tried the suggested community solution "delete keychain entries for your email". This never worked for me because it was too general. I had a large number of Keychain entries for websites where my username was my email address. Therefore, I never selected the correct Keychain entries to delete. I finally had the idea to search not for my email address but for the server names. I hope this post will help other Charter users who continue to experience Mail problems.

Apple Mail and Charter/Spectrum

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.