Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I delete my text messaging from my iPad without it effecting my iPhone? I would like to use my iPad but I don’t want her to get into any of my personal information

Can I delete my text message and email icon off of my iPad so that my daughter cant see any of my text or emails without it being deleted off my personal iPhone?

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 10:54 AM

You can do things on your iPad without it affecting your iPhone. You can remove the Mail icon, however you cannot remove the Messages app. See this, Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

You also have the ability to set Restrictions in Screen Time to prevent access to some apps, see this for assistance. Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Guided Access is also an option if you want to really restrict what can be done on the iPad by the child. See this for an explanation, Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2019 10:54 AM in response to Jasuras6

You can do things on your iPad without it affecting your iPhone. You can remove the Mail icon, however you cannot remove the Messages app. See this, Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

You also have the ability to set Restrictions in Screen Time to prevent access to some apps, see this for assistance. Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Guided Access is also an option if you want to really restrict what can be done on the iPad by the child. See this for an explanation, Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Can I delete my text messaging from my iPad without it effecting my iPhone? I would like to use my iPad but I don’t want her to get into any of my personal information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.