Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to install iTunes 12.6.5 on fresh installation of macOS High Sierra

I have just done a fresh install of Mac OS High Sierra and attempted to reinstall iTunes 12.6.5. (with App Store)

Firstly there is an error message saying the certificate has expired, but the install can continue if I trust the certificate.

Another warning says the package is incompatible with this version of macOS (I’ve been running this software combination for 2+ years)

If I select “Install anyway” it progresses almost to 100%, but the installation fails with the error message “ The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance”

Suspect this is probably a certificate expired issue with the iTunes 12.6.5 installer package, wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same problem or has a fix.

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 5:31 PM

Fixed this myself by disabling my network card, rolling back the date by 12months (to 2018) and running the installer again. Installed successfully.

1 reply

Unable to install iTunes 12.6.5 on fresh installation of macOS High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.