Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost ability to label pin drops in maps after latest update?

For my job I drive to locations in the middle of nowhere. I have always dropped a pin upon arrival and saved it in the map app. When I would add it to favorite it would let me name it (johns well, water basin shutoff, etc). That way I could go back and look for times I don’t remember a specific location.

After the latest update it appears I can no longer label my pin drops. If I save a pin, it lets me add it to my favorites, however, there doesn’t seem to be a way to name the pin. Everything is saving as “marked location” and that absolutely does me no good having 20 pin drops (and counting) that just say marked location.

There is a button that wants me to create a new contact but that is NOT what I’m trying to do as these are locations, not people.

hope someone can help

thanks!

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 8:08 PM

After you have dropped a pin and added it to Favorites, swipe your address area up to where you can see Favorites. Where the list of Favorites is, you should see See All to the above right of the list. Tap on that, and it will bring up your complete Favorites list. You should see what you have pinned there. Tap on the (i) to the right of the pin location and under Label, tap on the address area and you should be able to edit it from there.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2019 8:08 PM in response to TheCyborgSlayer1

After you have dropped a pin and added it to Favorites, swipe your address area up to where you can see Favorites. Where the list of Favorites is, you should see See All to the above right of the list. Tap on that, and it will bring up your complete Favorites list. You should see what you have pinned there. Tap on the (i) to the right of the pin location and under Label, tap on the address area and you should be able to edit it from there.

Lost ability to label pin drops in maps after latest update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.