Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers and Pages won't save documents

Hello,

When I am trying to save any document in Numbers app or pages I get the error

“Untitled” can’t be opened right now.
Your most recent changes might be lost.

It doesn't matter where I am trying to save file to. I've tried reinstalling Numbers and Pages — no effect.

I think this is started after the Catalina update.

Any thought on how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated!

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 11:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 6:45 PM

This thread, on a related issue, suggests it may be cleared by restarting your Mac:

Numbers version 6.2 (6520) and Catalina

I would also try a restart into Safe Mode if a 'normal' restart does not do the job.

Shut down the Mac, then restart.

Press and hold Shift immediately on hearing the startup chime, and keep it pressed until the Apple logo and a progress bar appear on the screen,

Safe mode start up takes longer that a 'normal' startup, as several extra housekeeping routines are run. You'l also notice a degradation in video performance while in Safe mode.

Ater booting into Safe mode, do a normal restart, then launch Numbers and Pages and attempt to save a small file from each,

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2019 6:45 PM in response to dolby0

This thread, on a related issue, suggests it may be cleared by restarting your Mac:

Numbers version 6.2 (6520) and Catalina

I would also try a restart into Safe Mode if a 'normal' restart does not do the job.

Shut down the Mac, then restart.

Press and hold Shift immediately on hearing the startup chime, and keep it pressed until the Apple logo and a progress bar appear on the screen,

Safe mode start up takes longer that a 'normal' startup, as several extra housekeeping routines are run. You'l also notice a degradation in video performance while in Safe mode.

Ater booting into Safe mode, do a normal restart, then launch Numbers and Pages and attempt to save a small file from each,

Regards,

Barry

Numbers and Pages won't save documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.