Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open Numbers or Pages documents.

Since this last update from Apple a few days ago, I cant open Number or Pages documents. These opened oK before this last update. Catalina 10.15.1 What happened?

iMac 21.5", 10.15

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 4:42 PM

Hi there, RJO43.

I see that you're unable to open Numbers spreadsheets or Pages documents on your Mac since updating to macOS 10.15.1, and I'm glad to help.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac -- Restart your Mac in safe mode and test how it responds. If it works while in safe mode, reboot normally and test again in your own user account.

If this doesn't correct the problem, please describe the issue in greater detail. Please include the full text of any messages you receive. The more information you provide, the better we'll be able to offer additional guidance.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2019 4:42 PM in response to RJO43

Hi there, RJO43.

I see that you're unable to open Numbers spreadsheets or Pages documents on your Mac since updating to macOS 10.15.1, and I'm glad to help.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac -- Restart your Mac in safe mode and test how it responds. If it works while in safe mode, reboot normally and test again in your own user account.

If this doesn't correct the problem, please describe the issue in greater detail. Please include the full text of any messages you receive. The more information you provide, the better we'll be able to offer additional guidance.

Take care.

Can't open Numbers or Pages documents.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.