Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft WORD and macOC Catalina update issues

I upgraded to macOS Catalina and it has blocked me out of all my Microsoft WORD docs. While I can see them, I can's edit or create new docs. I do not want to upgrade to Word 365. How do I get my old WORD back?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 6:49 AM

8 replies

Dec 16, 2019 3:19 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

1. Didn't see it.
  2. I don't want to subscribe to what I've already purchased.
  3. AUD $200
  4. thanks I'll try it, but I hate wasting my friggin' time being jerked around by companies treating me like an eftpos machine - especially with 2 27" Macs, 1 older Mac, 4 laptops of assorted type & size, 1 iPad, 3 iPad minis and five iPhones. Not like I'm not already doing my bit to help their company profits.

Oct 29, 2019 10:21 AM in response to roadrunner6343

roadrunner6343 wrote:

I upgraded to macOS Catalina and it has blocked me out of all my Microsoft WORD docs. While I can see them, I can's edit or create new docs. I do not want to upgrade to Word 365. How do I get my old WORD back?

If you are using Word 2016 you can update it to work with Catalina. If you are using Word 2011 - that program is nearly 9 years old. Most programs don't last that long! And if you are using Word 2011, at least download the newest version and give it a try. I think it is tons better.

Dec 15, 2019 7:07 PM in response to BruceDevereaux

BruceDevereaux wrote:

So I upgrade my Mac and the only option I have to be able to use word is a $200 spend? And that's okay with you guys to enable this without any warning??

1) You were warned every time you launched a 32-bit app in the last year.

2) You can subscribe to Offie 365 for $69/year or 6.99/month USD

3) You can buy Office Home and Student for $149.99 USD

4) You can use a free office suite such as LibreOffice.

Microsoft WORD and macOC Catalina update issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.