Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth headset device won't connect - Mojave 10.14.6 (18G1012)

Hello,

I'm running the latest version of Mojave and the latest available updates. Since of a couple of days ago I'm experiencing issues connecting my RHA - MHA650 headset.

The visual feedback I'm seeing is that the headset briefly connects and then after a few seconds it disconnects. What normally happens when I connect the headset is that I also get an audio feedback played back that the headset has been connected but now I 'm not getting this.

I have tried a few things to try and fix it:

• Checking for updates (Runnings latest updates)
  • Restarting the units
  • Re-pairing the headset with the laptop
  • Re-setting the bluetooth module by (ALT-OPTION --> Click the BT symbol and then Debug-->Reset the bluetooth module)
  • Re-setting the bluetooth module --> Restarting devices --> re-pairing the headset with the laptop

But none of these things has seemed to work.

Maybe someone else has experienced similar issues and has managed to solve it? I have tried to search for it a bit but none of the solutions I found haven't really helped.

Any tips?

Attaching a video that shows how the device connects for a few seconds for then later disconnecting:

https://youtu.be/zv72ehSgLHM

Note: I don't wanna update to Catalina at this point.

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 1:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 3:05 AM

Solved this by repeating the process of:

• Remove the device from paired BT-devices
  • Reseting the BT-module (Alt+Option --> Click BT symbol --> Debug --> Reset BT device)
  • Restarting the computer
  • Pairing the headset again

Worked after third time for some reason.

1 reply

Bluetooth headset device won't connect - Mojave 10.14.6 (18G1012)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.