Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones II not working on Big Sur

My headset doesn't work any more after having installed Big Sur. The bluetooth connection disconnect after a couple of seconds :-(((

MacBook Pro 17″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 4:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 9:09 AM

Update: I was able to fix the problem with the following steps:

• Open Terminal app
  • Type in: sudo rm -rf /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/HAL/
  • Restart your iMac

Hopefully this works for you. It was a huge relief for me.

9 replies

Nov 24, 2020 11:57 PM in response to Vincent Bove

Hi,

Add the issue on 10.15.7 / Catalina, and I checked what was in /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/HAL/. There was an MMAudio Device.driver folder which had a timestamp in 2018. I deleted it sudo rm -rf /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/HAL/MMAudio Device.driver , then reboot and now it's all fine, problem solved. I checked around (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8204613) and this MMAudio seems to be a leftover from an application I had been carrying for quite sometime.

All happy now.

Nov 16, 2020 5:33 AM in response to sitodome

I have tried everything in this official bose forum: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-QuietComfort-35-II-keeps-disconnecting-connecting-to-macOS/td-p/262759 but nothing really worked. Maybe it works for some of you (?).

The headset pairs perfectly fine with any other hardware tho, so it must be a Big Sur issue. Hope they release a patch quickly :)

Nov 16, 2020 5:54 AM in response to isLz

Thanks for your message isLz. It seems the problem isn't solvable at the moment.

I have talked with Bose, they said call Apple. I have called Apple but they weren't able to solve the problem. I hope some kind of update will solve the issue at some time.

Apple suggested to ge back to Catalina using a Time Machine backup...

QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones II not working on Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.