Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart playlist track order in iTunes for Windows

When I create a smart playlist with one rule... "Composer = Puccini" the new smart playlist correctly finds all the tracks for the two Puccini operas in my library.

However, for one of the albums the tracks are shown and play in the wrong order. I could rearrange them into the right order but I would have thought that shouldn't be necessary.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, is there a way of sorting smart playlist tracks into "track number within album" order?

Thanks, Jim

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 2:10 PM

Hey there Lord Sumptuous,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you have some questions about your Smart Playlist. I’ll be happy to help.

Did you look at the Rules and View order of your Smart Playlist? Look under ‘View and edit Smart Playlists’

Create a Smart Playlist in iTunes on PC

Also, test this in a new user account and see if the issue occurs there. This can help isolate the cause of this as well:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let me know if this helps.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2019 2:10 PM in response to Lord Sumptuous

Hey there Lord Sumptuous,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you have some questions about your Smart Playlist. I’ll be happy to help.

Did you look at the Rules and View order of your Smart Playlist? Look under ‘View and edit Smart Playlists’

Create a Smart Playlist in iTunes on PC

Also, test this in a new user account and see if the issue occurs there. This can help isolate the cause of this as well:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let me know if this helps.

Smart playlist track order in iTunes for Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.