Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install plugins in Aperture

On my iMac the Aperture Plugins are no longer there [they are on my MacBook Pro] -- I do have things which I used to have as plugins in Aperture == Creative Kit, Aurora HDR, Intensify CK and regular etc. How do I make them Plug Ins yet again = every time I go to Aperture Plugins within Aperture it takes me to Photos.

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 8:25 AM

You can install Aperture Plugins manually, Victoria.

Copy them from your MacBook pro to the corresponding folder on your other Mac.

My Aperture plug-ins are installed in one of the Library folders, either in the top level Library folder on the system volume or in the user library. Check these folders for plug-ins and copy them over:

• The user Library: ~/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Edit/
  • The system level Library: /Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Edit/

The menu item "Aperture Plugins" used to link to a page, where you could purchase plug-ins. This page no longer exists. But if you launch Aurora HDR, for example, and use the command Aurora HDR > Install Plug-ins, it will ask you, if you want to install the plug-in for Aperture.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2019 8:25 AM in response to Victoria Herring

You can install Aperture Plugins manually, Victoria.

Copy them from your MacBook pro to the corresponding folder on your other Mac.

My Aperture plug-ins are installed in one of the Library folders, either in the top level Library folder on the system volume or in the user library. Check these folders for plug-ins and copy them over:

• The user Library: ~/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Edit/
  • The system level Library: /Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Edit/

The menu item "Aperture Plugins" used to link to a page, where you could purchase plug-ins. This page no longer exists. But if you launch Aurora HDR, for example, and use the command Aurora HDR > Install Plug-ins, it will ask you, if you want to install the plug-in for Aperture.

How to install plugins in Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.