You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone ringing not functioning properly

My iPhone X will ring normally on the first ring, but thereafter the volume is very low. I’ve reset to the factory settings and it doesn’t help. I’ve also checked the settings that would affect the volume but no problem. Alarm functions normally. Anyone have any suggestions?

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 12:06 PM

3 replies

Oct 31, 2019 12:29 PM in response to rbell38340

Are you looking at the phone when the volume goes down? If so, you have Attention Features turned on. Go to Settings>Face ID & Passcode. Enter your passcode, then scroll down and you will see Require Attention for Face ID, and Attention Aware Features. The ring change is controlled by Attention Aware Features. Turn it off if you wish that to change. The point is if you are looking at the phone, then you don't need the ringer to continue on loud.

Phone ringing not functioning properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.