Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X Crashes every time I open Piano Roll after mac Update 10.15.1 - PLEASE HELP!

Hello,

I've just installed the latest mac update 10.15.1, and Logic started acting crazy. Every time I try opening up the piano roll for a track, well...logic brain freezes. Very very occasionally I can open up the piano roll and do a bit of editing but then 2 minutes later just when I start editing another one it crashes again. It's not even some fancy 3rd party VST plugins (when I use those it crashes EVERY TIME) - I was just using the Logic built in instruments and still 90% of the time it crashes. This is driving me insane and I cannot work at all. Am thinking about reinstalling everything but afraid it'll create more problems and become even more time-consuming. This never happened before the new Mac update. I tried freeing up RAM, restarting, everything I can think of, and nothing helped so far.

Please help!!

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 5:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 6:35 PM

It's obvious to everyone on this list that Logic X is not completely compatible with Catalina. Yours is only one of a number of problems. Make sure you're running the latest Logic, 10.4.7

You also might trying to delete Preferences. Upper Left hand Logic Pro X menu/Preferences/Reset All Preferences Except....

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2019 6:35 PM in response to haoyue18

It's obvious to everyone on this list that Logic X is not completely compatible with Catalina. Yours is only one of a number of problems. Make sure you're running the latest Logic, 10.4.7

You also might trying to delete Preferences. Upper Left hand Logic Pro X menu/Preferences/Reset All Preferences Except....

Logic Pro X Crashes every time I open Piano Roll after mac Update 10.15.1 - PLEASE HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.