Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic completely crashing MacBook

After updating to the latest OS and after updating to the latest logic patch. I’m not sure if it was the OS update or the logic update because I didn’t use it much between the period of time between the OS update and logic update. Both happened within a few days of each other. It also happens in GarageBand. I’ve tried only using stock plug ins and it still crashes. It happens when I am in the midi editor and am writing in notes, usually when I option drag notes to copy and paste them. Please help, I really need to write some music right now :( updating your system shouldn’t leave it completely unusable.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 11:29 PM

Similar questions

15 replies

Feb 12, 2020 2:43 AM in response to Stayxhard

Yes please provide Etrecheck report.

"....I really need to write some music right now :( updating your system shouldn’t leave it completely unusable....."

I would urge anyone who uses any computer for work or a serious hobby to take the following action before committing to an OS upgrade .

You were given the choice of upgrading or not.

You were strongly recommended to take backups.

You had the opportunity to research this forum and also the wider web to see what possible problems your mac might experience.

You could have taken a non-work day to test out Catalina and your key apps, and within  hours work out if it was for you or not. i.e. keep or revert.

Apple make it easy for you to revert to the original OS, even publishing simple instructions and a free Time Machine program, the best backup app on the market.

Feb 14, 2020 3:05 AM in response to Stayxhard

You talk about making music but this Mac looks more like a gaming machine. Am I right?

There are several things I would recommend in no particular order.

The obvious one is the crash involving Bittorrent and dungeon. Check you have the latest versions or get rid if no longer used.

Your Mac needs a good. clear out. Get Free app Go64 as a start and get rid of the many 32 bit apps.

Clear out all your login items and plugins. They may even involve 32b it apps

All your remaining 64bit apps then need to be checked for updates from the site they came from.

Delete any you no longer use.

You have steamcleaner installed to presumably clear out GB's of gaming detritus - have you tried using it to do the clear out?

The Time Machine is the same size as the Mac disk - it should be at least twice the size ie 1TB or more

If you really want that old technology (xquartz and bittorrent seem rather old now) then revert to Mojave.

Logic completely crashing MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.