Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone crashing after 13.2 update

Hello,

After updating to iOS 13.2 to be able to use the new AirPods Pro, my phone is crashing (right back to black screen and booting up) multiple times a day.

Also, Bluetooth seems completely broken with it disconnecting everything (AirPods, Apple Watch) constantly. I did a screen recording of that too, so could share here if that’s possible.

Crashing isn’t app related, happens in multiple apps, and sometimes when I’m not even using the phone at all.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 5:04 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 5, 2019 4:36 PM in response to Rndmzr

Hey Rndmzr,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I hear that you're having a few issues on your iPhone after updating to iOS 13.2. I'd be happy to take a look at these issues with you.

First, with your Bluetooth issues, I'd follow these steps:

If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I know you mentioned the apps crashing not being app related, but I'd like for you to try these steps to isolate the issue:

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Cheers!

Nov 7, 2019 6:19 AM in response to Rndmzr

That symptom is often a result of too much data on the phone. Use the Settings to verify you aren't over 85% full, and backup to a computer any excess images, if you don't have room on the cloud.

Lightning connector thumb drives also can backup data if you don't have quick access to a computer, as well as lightning to SD card. Lastly, try to swipe up and over after double tapping the home button to ensure each app you don't need is quit.

Nov 7, 2019 8:19 PM in response to Rndmzr

Seriously? Have you ever seen what happens when Windows goes over 85% full? The same nonsense.

Swap files overlap. But seeing as it is not the storage, and I assume you are saying also you verified only a few Apps are open and you tried to work fewer Apps running in the background, it is entirely possible the memory itself is faulty on the phone. Computer memory for all its testing can not be tested in the age of universe.

Nov 27, 2019 9:41 AM in response to a brody

2001 wants your opinion back ;-) Seriously, I had less than 20GB left on my 2TB main volume on Windows 10 for many weeks recently until I got round to clearing it up and had no issues at all. Just one data point but Windows has gotten a lot better.

But to the matter at hand, yes, I agree that it could be a hardware issue. The difficulty is getting Apple to admit that because it's hard to get appointments because you can't talk to anyone and have to talk via chat hence why trying to get help here. Maybe things are easier when you live in a big metropolitan area.

I'll figure it out. Thanks for trying to help.

iPhone crashing after 13.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.