Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 12 pro keeps crashing, regardless of IOS

My phone keeps crashing, Ive done the basics clearing it, restoring from a backup, restoring from factory settings. Power cycling it, force reboot, the volume trick with holding the power for X amount seconds. Eventually it after doing number of these my phone gets back into a operating order but then it crashes again. Its beyond frustrating from it happening during the most needed moments of using my device, 90% of time while using itunes my phone crashes. Using GPS + music + apple carplay, it crashes while driving a 14 hour road trip.... lots of frustrating moments.

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 1:43 PM

First step is to determine if it is a software or hardware problem. Make an encrypted backup to your computer (don’t forget the backup password; there is no way to recover it); also to iCloud for “belt & Suspenders” security. The restore the phone to factory settings, and don’t restore a backup yet. Test it for a day. If the problem persists it’s a hardware problem.

If it works OK, restore a backup and test again; if it’s still OK, great! If not you will have to restore again and not restore a backup. However, you can sync most data to iCloud before you start this whole process (if you aren’t doing so already), and recover most data through an iCloud sync after restoring iOS.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2022 1:43 PM in response to DreDawg

First step is to determine if it is a software or hardware problem. Make an encrypted backup to your computer (don’t forget the backup password; there is no way to recover it); also to iCloud for “belt & Suspenders” security. The restore the phone to factory settings, and don’t restore a backup yet. Test it for a day. If the problem persists it’s a hardware problem.

If it works OK, restore a backup and test again; if it’s still OK, great! If not you will have to restore again and not restore a backup. However, you can sync most data to iCloud before you start this whole process (if you aren’t doing so already), and recover most data through an iCloud sync after restoring iOS.

iphone 12 pro keeps crashing, regardless of IOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.