Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 crashing repeatedly since iOS 12.5.4

Has anyone determined a fix for their iPhone 6 crashing repeatedly since the iOS 12.5.4 update? My phone is restarting on an almost daily basis; and multiple Apple and third party apps are crashing less than a minute after being opened. It has been an awesome phone; and, although the latest iPhones are marvelous, it would be great to keep this iPhone 6 Plus operational.

Thank you!

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 7:28 AM

apparently, the issue was associated with a nearly full iPhone storage. when I transferred all of my photos to my iMac and deleted about a dozen disused apps, the remaining apps on this iPhone 6 Plus again functioned without crashing. backing up is always a good idea. it should be noted that the iPhone worked without issues prior to the iOS 12.5.4 update. thanks for your suggestions!

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 7:28 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

apparently, the issue was associated with a nearly full iPhone storage. when I transferred all of my photos to my iMac and deleted about a dozen disused apps, the remaining apps on this iPhone 6 Plus again functioned without crashing. backing up is always a good idea. it should be noted that the iPhone worked without issues prior to the iOS 12.5.4 update. thanks for your suggestions!

Aug 20, 2021 4:24 AM in response to Bryn Mawr

My iPhone 6 with iOS 12.5.4 is also crashing repeatedly; it worked perfectly before the iOS update.

My storage is nearly empty (I'm only using 10GB of the available 128GB!) so I don't believe it is storage related (but thanks for the suggestion)

Does anyone else have any idea or tips about how to resolve this?

The phone is crashing every few minutes, even if I'm not trying to open or use Apps.

Anecdotally, it also seems to be using battery much more quickly.

Any suggestions would be very appreaciated!

Aug 23, 2021 8:27 AM in response to WSL1976

WSL1976 wrote:

My iPhone 6 with iOS 12.5.4 is also crashing repeatedly; it worked perfectly before the iOS update.
My storage is nearly empty (I'm only using 10GB of the available 128GB!) so I don't believe it is storage related (but thanks for the suggestion)

Does anyone else have any idea or tips about how to resolve this?
The phone is crashing every few minutes, even if I'm not trying to open or use Apps.
Anecdotally, it also seems to be using battery much more quickly.

Any suggestions would be very appreaciated!

Back it up and then restore it to factory state using a computer. Doing it from a computer is important as it will install a clean copy of iOS. Test it. If it doesn't crash anymore, try restoring your backup. If things continue to work, it was probably a bad install. If the problem comes back, you'll know that something you installed on the phone is causing a problem.

Sep 16, 2021 6:47 AM in response to NeedHelpNow888

NeedHelpNow888 wrote:

How do you back up the iPhone when it doesn't stay on long enough to do anything? Mine crashes again as soon as it turns on.

You don't. You make arrangements to have your phone serviced and accept the fact that, because you didn't back up regularly (iCloud will back up nightly automatically), you are going to lose data.

iPhone 6 crashing repeatedly since iOS 12.5.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.